Get to Know Pam…
Attorney Pamela Dansby-Darden is a talented and fearless trial attorney with over 20 years of trial experience. Prior to going into private practice, Attorney Dansby-Darden served as a Los Angeles County Public Defender where she mastered her ability to handle serious, voluminous, fast-paced legal disputes.
After 10 years in the public defender’s office, Attorney Dansby-Darden was eager to assist her clients in a more personal environment, seeking a greater connection with her clients and their issues. That’s when Dansby-Darden Law Group was born. Attorney Dansby-Darden expanded her areas of practice, still with an eye toward fighting for others and their rights.
Attorney Dansby-Darden grew up in Los Angeles and Pasadena, California. After high school, she earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics from UCLA and went on to graduate Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
In addition to legally representing her community, Attorney Dansby-Darden is also an advocate for change within her community. Attorney Dansby-Darden currently sits as Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Outward Bound Adventures, a non-profit organization aimed at inspiring and employing overlooked youth through outdoor experiences and opportunities. Additionally, she is an active board member in Black Women Lawyers of Los Angeles, Inc. and California Women Lawyers, where she has volunteered on various committees and projects. As a caring and concerned volunteer in her community, over the years, Attorney Dansby-Darden accepted numerous requests to share her knowledge with others:
- Cellular Phone Technology in Criminal Cases – Los Angeles County Bar Association (ICDA) – MCLE Presentation to Attorneys (co-presenter)
- "So You Want to Own Your Own Law Firm: The Nuts and Bolts of Firm Ownership" – Loyola Law School; Panel of Speakers presented by the John Langston Bar Association; Presentation and Q&A on how to start and maintain your own firm
- Compton Resource Fair – Compton Community Center; Presentation on how to expunge criminal records to enter the workforce
- “My Momma Didn’t Raise No Fool” – Attorney Dansby-Darden created a free seminar educating youth and their parents on how to avoid contact with the criminal justice system; presented on a continuing basis in various locations upon request
- “Know Your Rights” Seminar – Dorsey High School; Panel of Speakers; Presentation and Q&A on the application of current criminal laws to youth
- Second Chances Workshop – Victory Bible Full Gospel Baptist Church; Panel of Speakers; Community event for the unemployed; Presentation and Q&A on expunging criminal records
- Career Day speaker – Wilson Middle School, Edison Elementary School
- Metropolitan Community Action Services Corporation Legal Workshop – Metropolitan Baptist Church; Panel of Speakers; Community event for youth and parents; Presentation and Q&A on the application of current criminal laws to youth and young adults
- Black Women’s Network Legal Issues Roundtable – Panel of Speakers; Presentation and Q&A on the application of current criminal laws to youth and young adults
- Professional Career Institute Youth Seminar – PCI, Pasadena. Panel of Speakers; Community event for youth and their parents; Presentation and Q&A on the application of current criminal laws to youth and young adults